A carbon tetrachloride fire extinguisher refill manufactured by R.E. Dietz Company of New York City, New York.
The R.E. Dietz Company was a lighting company best known for their hot and cold blast kerosene lanterns. The company started in 1840 when its founder, 22-year-old Robert Edwin Dietz, purchased a lamp and oil business in Brooklyn, New York. Though famous for well-built indoor and outdoor kerosene lanterns, the company was a major player in the automotive lighting industry from the 1920s into the 1960s. Dietz also manufactured lanterns for use by fire departments.